cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus 901-1205-UN00 code on ZD 1200 - will this code work with US APs?

peter_w_9h7tcet
Contributor II
Was on another thread which said Worldwide codes don't work with US APs.  Assumed my ZD will work with US APs as bought in US.  Is it a problem that it's a UN00 region code?
5 REPLIES 5

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Peter,

I would suggest you to continue on same thread as it is a similar question you have asked here.

As explained on other thread, WW product code APs can connect to any Ruckus controller running any country code. However, specific product country code AP will only work with same country code (country code set on controller's configuration, not ZD's product code).

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

peter_w_9h7tcet
Contributor II
Hi there.  This is a different and specific question.

It is my Zone Director that is "UN00", I haven't yet bought APs.  I just read that "UN" means no Regional code set (rather than "WW" which means worldwide).  Is this a misunderstanding?  Or does this mean that it simply doesn't matter what Region AP I buy?  

"WW" coded APs are more expensive to buy than "US" coded ones and so it is important that I am understand this point,

Thanks, Peter

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Peter,

There are 3 things here which we should understand first.

1- ZD product code (This has nothing to do with ZD's configured country code).
2- Country code configured in ZD (You can configure any country code on ZD, as this configuration option is not fixed or locked or not mapped with ZD product code).
3- AP product code:
  • 'WW' AP product code means this AP can be configured with any Ruckus controller running any country code on controller.
  • Country specific AP product code, like "US" for USA, "IN" for India, etc. These APs can only connect and configured with a Ruckus controller which is running on same country code (configured country code, not controller's product country code) as APs country code.
Do not get confused with ZD product code with AP product code.

My follow up questions are:
  1. Where are you located and going to use this ZD + APs?
  2. Do you want to use these APs in a different country later? I mean currently on country A and later on country B?
Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

david_black_594
Contributor III
Ruckus ships only one version of the controller hardware worldwide.  UN00 includes the US power cord.  Other SKUs such as UK00 include the identical controller hardware with a different power cord or sometimes no AC adapter at all.  The code base is the same worldwide.  The first step in setup determines the language and country code is configured under system settings.  As long as you select US as the country code, USxx APs will work just fine.