cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus 7363 cannot get DHCP lease

geb_blum
New Contributor II
Bought a Ruckus 7363 for use as a standalone WAP. I can connect to the 7363 via wireless, but the unit does not connect to my LAN. It is plugged into a WatchGuard hardware firewall with IP address 192.168.16.1. The firewall is also my DHCP server. There is a server on the network with IP address 192.168.16.2 (that is also the DNS server address). Do I need to change the default internet configuration on the 7363? I checked the DHCP leases on the hardware firewall and the 7363's MAC address was not listed, so I assume it has no lease. Thanks.
12 REPLIES 12

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
The only way that would occur is if you don't actually have L2 connectivity. Are you using VLANs?

jelle_alten_606
Contributor
Perhaps you can try to see what happens when you connect the AP to a different network with a different dhcp server? Like the network at the neighbor? Or to a stand-alone router? It it gets an IP address there, your AP is fine and your network setup might require some tweaking, as Keith suggested...

geb_blum
New Contributor II
Not using VLANs.

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
We are missing some vital piece of information. This is the easiest possible configuration and should "just work" if you followed the install guide. All of the possible errors I can think of would be outside the AP (such as..duplicate IP, overlapping DHCP scopes, bad port negotiation, etc)

geb_blum
New Contributor II
I did follow the guide. As I described before, my hardware firewall is the LAN's DHCP server. I have an SBS 2011 server running on the network that is the DNS server (not the DHCP server). The hardware firewall is 192.168.16.1 and the DNS server is 192.168.2. The 7363 is plugged into an available Ethernet port on the hardware firewall. The 7363 detects wireless signals from client sources fine.