cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus 7055 AP standalone

saleem_ankeer
New Contributor II

Dears ,

kindly I wont to ask if we can configure Ruckus 7055 AP  to work as standalone  and how ?

Thank you ,

Regards ,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

eizens_putnins
Valued Contributor II

And by the way, recommended by David Solo 104 version doesn't support ZD7055, so don't try to use it...

I am not sure if the 100.1 is the latest, but at least it's one of the last supporting this old AP. It is always mentioned in release notes for the version, what APs are supported. Never try to load wrong model firmware to AP -- in the best case upgrade will fail, in the worst you'll brick the AP. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

1. reset AP to factory (press reset button for 10 secs, when AP is up for a few minutes).

2. Cobbect PC with IP 192.168.0.100 to it port.

2. Connect to AP through web interface on default IP 192.168.0.1 with username:  super

password: sp-admin

Check what is the firmware version on AP. If it is 3.x.x it's SCG version, if 8.x, 9.x or similar, than ZD version. In principle, it doesn't matter much -- you can disable management services (so AP doesn't try to find controllers) and configure SSID as it is. 

You can also find on Ruckus support site newest standalone firmware for this AP, and load it (under administration there will be option to upgrade firmware from local file. 

eizens_putnins
Valued Contributor II

Standalone software is available in all AP pack https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/709-standalone-ap-software-100-1-0-0-194-all-aps

I think this was the latest, but anyway, there is no much difference in features, as standalone mainly is used to convert AP to ZD, SCG or Unleashed versions.

eizens_putnins
Valued Contributor II

And by the way, recommended by David Solo 104 version doesn't support ZD7055, so don't try to use it...

I am not sure if the 100.1 is the latest, but at least it's one of the last supporting this old AP. It is always mentioned in release notes for the version, what APs are supported. Never try to load wrong model firmware to AP -- in the best case upgrade will fail, in the worst you'll brick the AP. 

@eizens_putnins , AP ZF7055 does support solo image 104.0.0.0.1347. It is documented on  the release notes 

http://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/1134-access-point-104-0-0-0-1347-release-notes

@eizens_putnins Thank you dear