cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart loop after firmware downgrade

emil_k
New Contributor

Hi all

I recently bought a R710 running unleashed. Initially everything was working. However I was experiencing bad throughput and read somewhere on here that I could try to install an older firmware. So I installed/downgraded to https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/1944-ruckus-unleashed-ap-200-7-10-2-339-ga-software-for-... on it.

But now the device seems stuck in some loop like so:

1. Red light for a while

2. Green light blinks

3. Constant green light

At this point I can reach the device and see the message "Building the Unleashed Network. It may take a few minutes.". But after a short (3-5 seconds) while it seems like the device reboots and goes back to step 1, at which point it can no longer be reached, then step 2 and so on.

Any idea on what I can do? I have tried factory resets with no luck.

Br.

8 REPLIES 8

emil_k
New Contributor

I assumed this was a safe operation since according to the release notes the R710 is supported and further states:

Admins should be careful not to accidentally downgrade an AP to an Unleashed build that does not support that AP model. If this does happen, the AP will reboot 5-7 times and then revert to the previous image. [UN-1688]

I assume this is not what is happening as my R710 has been restarting for well over 4 hours now (with each cycle taking ~2 minutes).

sarita_shekhar

Hello Emil,

Thanks for reaching out to Ruckus. I am from Ruckus Technical team.

We usually do not suggest a downgrade until it is really necessary.

What was AP's previous version?

How many AP's do you have connected to the Unleashed network?

You may have to perform a factory default on the AP, however, you will lose the current configuration.

Factory Reset procedure:-

1. Use a paperclip

2. AP should be powered ON

3. Press and hold the reset pinhole for 30-40 long secs.

4. If there is a DHCP on the network, the AP will request the IP from the DHCP.

5. If no DHCP on the network, the AP will be accessible on the default IP 192.168.0.1. Have a laptop directly connected to the AP/same switch and assign a static IP on the network interface to 192.168.0.x subnet to access the AP.

6. Run the setup and re-built the Unleashed network from the beginning.

7. Note the backup works on the respective version on which it was taken.

Sarita Shekhar (CCNA/CWNA)

Sr. Technical Support Engineer

My Work Hours: 8 AM to 5 PM GMT

“Got questions? We have answers—the How-to-hub.”

now meets next

I have the same things with A550 and all these steps don't work and it keeps rebooting.  

emil_k
New Contributor

The previous version was 200.10.10.5.253 and its the only ap on the network.

I have tried the factory reset procedure you describe multiple times without any luck. I see the power led flash red and green very fast for a couple of seconds and then it just continues the reboot loop.

Any other ideas I can try?