Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RUCKUS H510 & H500

SpekeIT
New Contributor

Hello Team

Greetings of the Day!

My name is Sachin, I am working in a hotel where i have 190 Ruckus which all are on Standalone AP in all rooms, All these AP's are connected and providing IPTV and IP Telephone. The problem i am facing is all of sudden the AP's stop pinging and doesn't respond, so we have to manually restart the AP. I also have upgrade the Firmware for both AP's but still the problem remains same, and to add i don't have a controller over here. What could be the issue and hope to give a solution to fix my issues me facing from long time.

I would appreciate if any one can give me solution to my on going issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sarita_shekhar

Hello @SpekeIT ,

IPTV and IP Telephones use multicast traffic, if the AP interface is getting hit by the multicast and/or broadcast storm then there is a possibility of the AP interface getting stuck/hung and rebooting the AP fixes the issue temporarily.

The next time issue happens, before rebooting the AP, take an uplink packet capture (port-mirror the AP switch port and connect a laptop on the mirrored port with Wireshark installed). Check the number of multicast and broadcast packets hitting the interface when the AP goes into a stuck state.

Restrict or filter for unwanted multicast/broadcast packets on your AP uplink switch network (all the uplinks: from the Access switch to the Core switch) and then verify if the issue still continues.

If the issue is reported only by 1 or 2 same APs all the time, then swap the working and non-working APs to verify if the issue follows the AP.

Regards,
Sarita

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Nitin_Ruckus
New Contributor

You can use Ruckus Virtual Smartzone Software to manage 190 AP's . You can contact the regional Sales and SE to get your trial licenses . 

This is the only solution we have, is there any other alternative. Can i make one AP on unleashed and add all of them to the master and will my problem be resolved or not.

sarita_shekhar

Hello @SpekeIT ,

IPTV and IP Telephones use multicast traffic, if the AP interface is getting hit by the multicast and/or broadcast storm then there is a possibility of the AP interface getting stuck/hung and rebooting the AP fixes the issue temporarily.

The next time issue happens, before rebooting the AP, take an uplink packet capture (port-mirror the AP switch port and connect a laptop on the mirrored port with Wireshark installed). Check the number of multicast and broadcast packets hitting the interface when the AP goes into a stuck state.

Restrict or filter for unwanted multicast/broadcast packets on your AP uplink switch network (all the uplinks: from the Access switch to the Core switch) and then verify if the issue still continues.

If the issue is reported only by 1 or 2 same APs all the time, then swap the working and non-working APs to verify if the issue follows the AP.

Regards,
Sarita

Cardonet
New Contributor

Hi,

were you able to find a solution to your problem. We are experiencing the same issue.

KR, P