cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R550, R350 availability in the US?

bdillard
Contributor II

I know there is a shortage of a lot of things these days.   Any news on when we might see new shipments of APs in the US.   They don't seem available from any vendors with realistic pricing in the US.   I'm about to research other brands but thought I'd see if there was any news here first.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bdillard
Contributor II

Thanks - I gave up and just ordered aruba.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

secured2k
New Contributor II

The research I did indicate as of middle 2021, there was about a 6 month delay. I attempted to order some Rx50 hardware 2 months ago and still nothing yet. Ruckus did have a spare for an RMA case in a warehouse. I called for more info on availability and received a voice mail but never followed up for more detail. Another business I interact with have the same problem with competitor Cisco - devices ordered mid last year are just now coming in. 

bdillard
Contributor II

Thanks - I gave up and just ordered aruba.

secured2k
New Contributor II

I found Aruba to have the same issue with availability. I assume since most APs from various vendors use chipsets and CPUs from Qualcomm or Broadcom, the shortages/delays are for all APs in a similar class. 

The AP-505 is the closest Wi-Fi 6 that compares to the R350/R550. I also checked for the AP-515 that competes with the R650. At least for the US versions, I could not authorized dealers with devices in stock. Do you mind sharing where you found them? 

I work with a company that resells alcatel equipment and they didn't seem to have any issues supplying them.   I'm guessing somehow they are intertwined.