cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R510 not receiving DHCP address?

connor_mcdonald
New Contributor II
Hello!

I just moved into a home with a r510 access point and an ICX 7150 switch. The AP was supposedly already configured by an Amazon concierge and when I follow their instructions to connect to the AP I receive a “no internet connection error”.

When I’m looking at the AP, I can see that the PWR light is flashing green, the DIR light is solid green and the 2.4 and 5.0 lights are yellow.

My setup is currently spectrum modem —> Linksys ac 1600 router —> switch —> ap

Any insight into how a networking noob can fix this problem?

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member
Hi Connor,

If you can login to the Unleashed AP from laptop, under Dashboard >> Internet, you should be able to see the APs IP, Gateway, DNS and "Internet".

You should see the IP details along with the DNS and Internet. The IP address should be other that 192.168.0.1 if it has obtained from the DHCP. 
The DNS should have IP address and the "Internet" should say as "Connected".

You can also contact our support team for further assistance if needed.

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Connor,

"PWR light is flashing green" indicates that AP is not getting IP address from the wired network.

Do you see any SSID/WLAN broadcasting? If yes, then it means Unleashed is configured but it is not able to reach rest of the internet and as well as the internet.

Could you connect a laptop on switch port where AP is connected and see if your laptop gets an IP address? If yes, then AP should also get the IP, if not then you may have to check where is the DHCP server and switch is configured correctly to provide DHCP.

If you think you cannot do it yourself then please open a case with Ruckus support.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn