cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R510 instead T310c for Outdoor

rodrigo_jaques
New Contributor

Can I use R510 at a beach kiosk to coverage 100m in diameter providing a good internet signal? Router will be placed right below roof corner flap and replace.

How R510 is compared as T310c unit for that? Will I have better performance on T310c unit?  can I replace t310c w/ R510 ?

10 REPLIES 10

@darrel_rhodes could you help on this one.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

@rodrigo_jaques Thanks to @syamantak_omer for looping me in.

T310x series APs have comparible performance to T510 APs.  Both are 802.11ac Wave 2 specfication with 2x2:2 spatial streams.

The data-rate at which clients will be connected and the throughput they will achieve depends on lots of environmental factors (signal strength, interference, etc.) as well as the hardware specification of the client device and the configuration of the WLAN.

Whether you should choose the T310, T350 or T750 model AP will largely depend on how many simultaneously connected clients you wish to support, from circa 80-90 clients upwards, then a higher-performance platform is worth considering.

I hope that helps,

Darrel.

Darrel, very grateful for the response!

I got two models available: T310 and T610 both with omni antenna.

How many simultaneous users do you think I can serve with a single T310 in the seaside environment?

Although the T610 is very expensive we can evaluate.

Jaques.

Hi Jaques,

It's impossible to say as there are so many other variables that affect real-world performance.

However, as indicated; if you are expecting more than 80 or 90 simultaneous clients to be connected as standard, requiring high-speed throughput, then consider the higher specification AP.

Please note that most Ruckus 802.11ac Wave 2/Wi-Fi 5 AP models will be made End-of-Sale on the 31st of January 2022, so you will likely need to consider T350 or T750 APs for future projects. The T350 is a Wi-Fi 6 specification AP and therefore higher performance in high-density environments than the T310 series.

Best,
Darrel.

@darrel_rhodes You are the best! Thanks a lot for your help!

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn