cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R510 Network Slow Speeds averaging 30-50 Mbps

david_fry_jz089
New Contributor III
Hello,
I have 3 R510's in my home.  1 for each floor, ceiling mounted and placed central to each floor.   None of the clients on our network can ever achieve more than 50Mbps.   My PC which is 15ft around a slight corner from the AP got 30 Mbps down and 80Mbps up on an AP to Client speed test.

I am fairly technical, but Wi-Fi AP's is not my specialty.   I found this great thread where changing the setting from "performance" to "compatibility" helped tremendously.
https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/ruckuswireless/topics/settings-to-maximize-performance-2-x-r610-ru...

I don't see anything like that.

I have 1GB cable modem, and am about to change my network to a Dual Wan 1Gb Fiber Connection + a 200Mbps Cable connection.  But none of this does any good if the clients are stuck at 30Mbps.

Any thoughts on how to optimize this network?

Thanks
29 REPLIES 29

There is 1 interface on the system:

Name                   : Wi-Fi 2
    Description            : ASUS USB-N53 802.11a/b/g/n Network Adapter
    GUID                   : b9a77ae2-4570-4b70-9a78-1fe3dc2a97f9
    Physical address       : f0:79:59:74:c2:9b
    State                  : connected
    SSID                   : Bela_r510
    BSSID                  : 90:3a:72:08:31:f8
    Network type           : Infrastructure
    Radio type             : 802.11n
    Authentication         : WPA2-Personal
    Cipher                 : CCMP
    Connection mode        : Auto Connect
    Channel                : 11
    Receive rate (Mbps)    : 600
    Transmit rate (Mbps)   : 144
    Signal                 : 100%
    Profile                : Bela_r510

Hosted network status  : Not available

This one is tough, if this was my install, I would from here, I would switch to a different client, I can see you're on 2.4ghz, so the 40mb/s on a single channel seems about as fast as the standard would see. Plus or minus a few mb/s. Can you disable 2.4ghz on your AP and re-test with the same client? 

Well 50mbps would be acceptible on 2.4ghz 802.11g or older, but I'm using 802.11n which should support 300mbps.    I'll try disabling 2.4 see what happens

I've never ever seen close to that on a single channel but my experience is my own. interested to see your results.

I have a feeling you are right.  Without channel bonding, I think maybe 2.4ghz max is right around my current speed.    Let's see what 5ghz does