cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R510 Factory Reset Incomplete or Hung?

brian_hiatt_529
New Contributor III
I have a "new to me" R510 access point that I can't seem to get into.

I've done the hold the reset button for over 6 seconds procedure several times now.

If the unit is on my lan via a port on my PoE switch, it gets an IP from my DHCP server, and also sets up the Configure.me-xxxx Wireless lan.

But I can not ssh or get https to respond on the IP issued by my DHCP server.  It does respond to ping though.  I have verified that the IP address I'm pinging has a MAC address that matches the MAC address on the R510's label, so I know I've got the right IP.

If I connect to the Configure.me-xxx SSID with the unit's serial number as the password, it doesn't issue an IP address to my client.

If I bring it up directly connected to my PC using a POE injector, it configures itself with the 192.168.0.1 IP address and using a hard coded 192.168.0.10 address on the PC I can ping it, but again I can't get SSH or https to respond at 192.168.0.1.  Connecting a client to the Configure.Me-xxxx WiFi network works, but the client doesn't get issued an IP address and I can not connect to the unit.

I don't know the history of this unit, nor what firmware level it is running other than it must be some version of Unleashed due to the Configure.Me-xxxx wireless lan it creates.

Are there any other tricks I could try to get this unit to try and respond?

Thanks,
Brian
18 REPLIES 18

Nope.  Into the e-Waste bin it went, and I found another one to use instead.

hayward_kong
Contributor III
 hey Brian, 

sounds like maybe there was an incomplete flash of the R510 to unleashed. sometimes I know some people don't give it enough time to flash it to unleashed and it bricks it  ... question is if they went from sz  directly to unleashed... since it's best to make sure it's flash to solo if coming from ZD/SZ firmware and then flashing it to unleashed.

There's a serial port on the R510 internally and pins are on there so no need to solder on pins...... at least it's not completely bricked... 

I've never done a recovery via serial yet on a Ruckus.

sudershan_gupta
New Contributor III

I have a T710 and very similar issue. It gets assigned an ip and can be seen with log in screen on browser but cannot sign in with default credentials even after hard reset. Can ping and good but cannot log in with Putty as credentials are not known. When I try connecting with laptop, no go either. Have power solid green and CTL blinking every 2 seconds green, no other lights or cannot see configure me either.

@sudershan_gupta after factory reset did you setup it again or you got the same login page like before?

Basic thing is, if you have more than two APs, you have to reset them on and none of the APs should be online with old configuration, else any available AP will become master and resetting the one AP will not do anything than flashing and rejoining the master AP again.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn