Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R510 AP Leapfrogging firmware upgrades?

twolfend
New Contributor

hey folks

we have some old R510s running firmware version:  200.3.9.13.228

is it OK just to go ahead and 'leapfrog' all the intermediary updates to get to the most recent (200.7.10.202.127), or would we need to do each upgrade sequentially to get to the latest? 

Also - are the network and mesh configurations reset/need reconfiguring after firmware upgrades or are settings carried over?

thanks

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vasanth_edward
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @twolfend,

Thank you for reaching out to Ruckus Support.

Leapfrogging would generally reset the existing configuration, have to go through all the intermediatory upgrades to get to the latest & the config will be intact.

Regards,

Vasanth Edward

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

vasanth_edward
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @twolfend,

Thank you for reaching out to Ruckus Support.

Leapfrogging would generally reset the existing configuration, have to go through all the intermediatory upgrades to get to the latest & the config will be intact.

Regards,

Vasanth Edward

Hello Vasanth,

Same situation as twolfend and 10 months behind him as I have (2) R510 access points and they are running firmware version: 200.3.9.13.228. The latest/newest firmware  is 200.7.10.202.145. To make sure I don't screw up my network, I should use the Unleashed Browser UI and choose the Online Upgrade in sequential order starting with 200.4.9.13.47 and continue until I get to the 200.7.10.202.145. Is there anything else I need to worry about?

Thanks,

Shiv

raymond_jender
New Contributor II

Wow, there are 9 versions newer than what I'm running now.  Being in a Rukus Lennar Smart home, most residents have no idea about updates for any of the smart home devices.  I at least have experience updating PC's and various other kinds of network equipment.  One day our home network infrastructure will complete crash due to outdated firmware!

Hello @raymond_jender Please share current version of Unleashed APs, would suggest & assist with the upgrade.

Regards,

Vasanth Edward