cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to direct connect devices to ruckus switch to provide etherent?

jared_lynch_adx
New Contributor II
Hello, I recently moved into an apartment where they are using R510's to provide internet. So far the performance is less than adequate for gaming what so ever, constant disconnects and ping spikes. I was wondering if I could take the PoE ethernet cable out of the r510, install a PoE switch and run that to my ethernet from the new switch to my devices and also to the r510?

Thanks
16 REPLIES 16

It seems you are getting IP on the same IP pool as Unleashed.

Try to access 100.69.53.1 and check if you get the Unleashed login page.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Sadly that is not working, I'm just getting "100.69.53.1 refused to connect".

Ok, lets try the other way.
  1. Note down the current IP address, subnet mask and gateway of your laptop'w WiFi connection.
  2. Disconnect your laptop from WiFi (or just turn off your WiFi on laptop).
  3. Configure the same IP address/subnet_mask/gateway (from step-1) to your laptop's eth port (IPv4 settings).
  4. Now connect your laptop using Ethernet cable to R510's second eth port.
  5. Try to ping 100.69.53.1, if you are able to ping then try to access it using a browser.
  6. If you still get the error "refused to connect", try SSH into the AP IP using Putty application.
If still facing issues then please open a support case and they will help you.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Follow me on LinkedIn

Still nothing, getting no response while pinging and timeouts when trying to SSH in using putty. I think I'll just wait to hear back from the installers of the network and hope they can work with me to make the connection better.

But either way thank you Syamantak, you've helped me much more than the people who installed the network and my ISP!

I think Unleashed is configured in gateway mode and IP you are getting is from Unleashed's DHCP server.

Local access for WLAN clients seems disabled and that is why it is giving you Connection refused, or the WLAN is configured as Guest so none of the internal IPs can be reached except the internet, or WLAN is configured with client isolation enabled.

I can't think about anything else which might be causing the issue at Unleashed level.

Let us know how it goes after getting info from your service provider.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer.

Syamantak Omer
Follow me on LinkedIn