cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSX Clients Connected to AP, but not passing traffic

jason_davis_793
Contributor
Anyone else experiencing issues with OSX clients connecting to APs, then randomly not being able to pass traffic/browse the internet?

We're seeing this primarily with OSX 10.11 clients. We have ZD1200s and R710s running 9.13.1

Ruckus support's latest fix was enabling Proxy ARP or upgrading to Sierra. But we just experienced the same issue with a Sierra device.
59 REPLIES 59

Hi Stuart,

Try upgrading to 10.12.3+ - Apple apparently fixed their side of this problem and personally Ive seen far fewer dropouts since upgrading our mac clients. I'm still getting a few drop outs on Mac clients when we see DFS channel changes on 5Ghz so Im not convinced its 100% fixed, ive got it reraised with ruckus carrier support who are relooking into it. Not sure if any of that will apply to you though as it sounds like your not using a ruckus ap? Could be some generic wlan issue that Apple fixed so it might still apply.

+1 we've had to disable a few DFS channels to alleviate drop outs. 

matt_setnes
New Contributor II
The issue everyone is speaking about in this thread seems to be related to the data stall issue we had. It seems that setting the arp timeout on the AP to zero resolved the problem. We were running version 9.12 and upgraded to 9.13 to fix the issue. Since the upgrade, I have not heard of any complaints of drops since nor have I been able to replicate it. We also have proxy-arp enabled. To note, it didn't seem to matter what version OSX we were running.

SIDE QUESTION: Does anyone have any issues with Macs & auto join? Whereas the MacBook via 802.1x would never join the SSID unless you toggle WiFi off/on? It's a sporadic issue that Ruckus states the GTK being corrupted, affecting both PSK and 802.1x. Also stating it is caused by Apple. I tried researching this and kind of finding it hard to believe because I never had this auto join issue with Cisco.

steven_veron
New Contributor III
I am on 9.13.3 and I'm still having this issue, with proxy-arp enabled. I've also narrowed it down to only iPhone 7 and 7+ users. My test iPad Air with the same IOS version doesn't have this issue. 

jason_davis_793
Contributor
We're somewhat passed the dropped traffic issue, but apparently it's not completely resolved until 10.12.4. The auto-connect issue is still present in our environment, we'll be moving away from 802.1x to resolve this.