cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSX Clients Connected to AP, but not passing traffic

jason_davis_793
Contributor
Anyone else experiencing issues with OSX clients connecting to APs, then randomly not being able to pass traffic/browse the internet?

We're seeing this primarily with OSX 10.11 clients. We have ZD1200s and R710s running 9.13.1

Ruckus support's latest fix was enabling Proxy ARP or upgrading to Sierra. But we just experienced the same issue with a Sierra device.
59 REPLIES 59

dtsblake_588878
Contributor II
We had one Surface Pro 4 user report similar wifi problems yesterday.  I watched the techie place device in airplane mode and then disable airplane mode and the Surface was then able to access the Internet via the Ruckus APs.

That blows my theory away. I already have bss-minrate 12, and added ofdm-only, even though i have no b clients. Maybe there is a rogue client floating around. Will wait until tomorrow and see what happens before making another change. Too often i make multiple changes and have no idea the cause of a problem or the change that fixed it.

Computer: Lenovo Yoga

OS—Windows 10

similar problems

dtsblake_588878
Contributor II
Told by ruck tech yesterday that an unnamed customer switched to Smartzone from ZoneDirector and all these (as stated in the thread above) problems were solved.

james_buckey
New Contributor
If so that would be an acceptable fix, however I am not willing to re-purchase 200 licenses and support for something that should work as is. I was told by two vendors that Ruckus doesn't convert or recycle ZD license into SZ licenses.  Unacceptable, they should be fully interchangable from a user standpoint, don't really care how its done on the Ruckus side. I otherwise love the Ruckus gear, but having paid $2000+ for a ZD which is only a low-end Core 2 Duo 1U server ($500 maybe) and licenses to boot...no longer.

The SZ may have different firmware, configs, etc, but there should be the same basic functionality on ZD for devices to work.