cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSX 802.1x Authentication Speed

jason_davis_793
Contributor
Hi all, we're having not horrible, but slow, 802.1x authentication with OS X clients, can anyone suggest any tips to speed this process up? It's primarily during system starts, restarts, and resuming from sleep (power nap helps though). Would additional mac-based authentication help? We're running Windows NPS (PEAP/MSCHAP), ZD1200 and R710s.

Any help is much appreciated 🙂 
4 REPLIES 4

raghu_j
New Contributor II
hi
What is the firmware version on the RuckusZD. Please provide the MAC OS-X version

samuel_oliver_7
New Contributor
Sometimes it can happen, I mean low speed.  I can only tell that I had the same, but with time it became faster. If you can't wait any longer I advise you to consult with technical experts at custom term paper writing, they are writing tutorials on such stuff and complete term papers on Computer Programming, they are very proficient in technical matters. So go ahead and ask what is the matter with the speed.

jason_davis_793
Contributor
@raghu J We're running 9.12 219 and various point versions of OSX 10.10 and 10.11. The behavior is consistent across versions of OSX.

@samuel oliver thanks, but I'm working with Ruckus and Apple at the moment.

jason_davis_793
Contributor
Currently taking 10-15 seconds to complete the authentication + DHCP assignment after a reboot or resuming from deep sleep. From the packet capture, it looks like there is a bunch of chatter between OSX and the Ruckus AP before an IP address is picked up.