cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not enough electricity power provided with AP warning ?

george_wang_cdz
New Contributor III
After upgrading to Unleashed 200.8, my PoE switch powered R610 showing "Not enough electricity power" warning ? I am sure my PoE switch can provide both 802.3af and 802.3at power output and my R610 works well with both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz SSID running. any idea ? 
39 REPLIES 39

Thanks, that's helpful. I do have "802.3-power-via-mdi" enabled on the switch under the "lldp optional-tlv" setting (for all ports).

An attached Ruckus AP will sometimes come up with 802.3at enabled, so I would imagine the negotiation must sometimes be successful. (See details above.) Again, I can't rule out a problem with the switch, but perhaps Ruckus unintentionally broke some aspect of their Power Via MDI implementation? Unless Ruckus added the alert for an AP operating at reduced power capacity in an update and I just missed APs operating in 802.3af mode previously, this was definitely working reliably when I first installed the R720s.

john_d
Valued Contributor II
Ah very interesting! The alerts for reduced power did come relatively recently, like the last year and the most recent Unleashed for that codebase. If it’s not intermittent a packet dump on the switch port should be able to tell you something.

Interesting, that could point to an issue with the switch. The problem is intermittent, unfortunately, and generally more difficult to reproduce when connecting an AP to an already powered switch, though a packet capture of a failed negotiation should certainly point to the problem.

I'll attempt when I have some time, though I can't guarantee I'll come up with anything. Netgear did indicate that they planned to do some further investigation after failing to resolve the issue in my ticket, so if it is an issue on their end, hopefully a fix is in the works.

did it through my zd1200 - works perfectly (just overrule group config)

Thanks for the advice!

rajiv_kumar
New Contributor III

I have the same issue. The issue started after updating the unleashed to 200.10 firmware. The issue is on the unleashed firmware 200.8 to 200.10. on the firmware 200.7 didn't get the warning of "Not enough electricity power provided with AP".

Tried several PoE switches and PoE injector but it doesn't resolve. only after downgrading the unleashed firmware to 200.7 its getting resolve. pls suggest.