cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not enough electricity power provided with AP warning ?

george_wang_cdz
New Contributor III
After upgrading to Unleashed 200.8, my PoE switch powered R610 showing "Not enough electricity power" warning ? I am sure my PoE switch can provide both 802.3af and 802.3at power output and my R610 works well with both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz SSID running. any idea ? 
39 REPLIES 39

Also upgraded the firmware on all my Netgear switches just for kicks. No changes there either. LLDP is still definitely working, since I see all the basic details about the APs on the switches, and the PoE switches do classify all my Ruckus devices as class 4 (which means 30W of power should be available), but I still see nothing under the LLDP-MED details for any Ruckus devices. Same as before the update on the APs as well.

It would be really nice to get this resolved.

In the logs I downloaded from the R750 I'm testing, I'm seeing this:
### LLDP Info ###
LLDP state: Enabled
LLDP interval: 30
LLDP holdtime: 120
LLDP mgmt: Enabled
LLDP bond type: Source MAC for LLDP frames on bond slaves: fixed
LLDP poe: Enabled
LLDP power: 25000
LLDP interface:
LLDP on eth0 : Enabled
LLDP on eth1 : Enabled
The switch also says, under LLDP-MED details for the port the AP is on
Capabilities Supported: Capabilities, Network Policy, Location, Extended PSE, Inventory
That same port doesn't show anything under the "MED Details" for the neighbor (i.e. the R750) on that port, though, again, all basic information is there and correct.

I realized I made a slight mistake in the original post. The "get lldp", etc. commands were actually run on an H510. The R750, strangely, has a completely different CLI, and I'm not sure how to retrieve LLDP status, though the information above pulled from the logs does come from the R750.

aristotelis_cas
New Contributor II
New owner of a couple r610 (flashed to unleashed in gateway mode). Had the same issue with injector. The 1Gbps ruckus one. No issues with the old r500.

Interestingly after a couple minutes the alert went away after i had logged out of the web interface and logged back in.
Can confirm the second wired ethernet jack is working as well. I assume the error will come if I power cycle AP as it came back repeatedly.

Seems to me the handshake is taking a long time

ab_cm9fbwwroiuv
New Contributor II
I've found that if I connect an R750 to a PoE injector and manually set the AP to use 802.3at power, it does seem to reliably do so. I can even switch the PoE setting on the AP back and forth and watch it switch from 802.3at to 802.3af and back after a few seconds. (This is a data point, not a solution, as I can't realistically replace several working PoE switches with a bank of injectors.)

In contrast, none of the Ruckus APs I have access to (R720 or R750) will reliably detect 802.3at when connected to one of the MS510TXPP switches I'm using regardless of the PoE setting, and I've never seen them switch either from 802.3af to 802.3at or the reverse while booted. The APs seem to either come up with 802.3at or not, and get stuck that way.

The switches do seem to detect 802.3at somewhat more reliably if I manually reboot them while the switch is powered. I'm wondering if perhaps there's a problem renegotiating the PoE configuration while the switch is coming up and the AP never retries?

I've also seen an AP come up with 802.3at when booted along side its attached switch and I've seen an AP come up with 802.3af when rebooted with the switch running, so it's not consistent. As I described above, there certainly isn't anything wrong with LLDP on the switch that I can find. Netgear also investigated the problem and found nothing to fix on their end that I'm aware of (either in the public thread I started or the support ticket I opened). As always, I'm testing with the latest firmware on all devices.

It would be great to hear something from Ruckus / CommScope on this topic.