cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to ZF7372

partono_luminto
New Contributor II
Hi, I just using ZF7372 for my Home and currently I'm using firmware 104.0.0.0.1347 (just upgraded)
I have several questions:

1. Firmware: What are the difference ZoneFlex Solo Access Point and Standalone AP Software?
I'm using this AP is just standalone. So I'm curious on "Solo" and "Standalone" word 🙂

2. My date can not sync to NTP (default: ntp.ruckuswireless.com)

3. Ethernet Ports :: Port 1 cannot be enabled

Any advise is really appreciated. Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11

Hi Partono,

If you want to troubleshoot further (advance level troubleshooting), I would suggest taking packet captures from from AP, while you try to sync AP with NTP and also download APs support information.

Captures will help us to understand if AP is sending NTP request out and if a response is coming from NTP server.

How to take captures from Ruckus AP?

1- You need a windows computer with wireshark installed on it. Make sure laptop can reach AP's IP address.

2- Login to AP CLI and run below command to enable/disable captures,

To enable:
set capture wifi0 stream

To disable:
set capture wifi0 idle

3- Open wireshark, go to Capture Options.
4. Under Capture: Interface, select Remote. A Remote Interface dialog appears.
5. In Host, enter the IP address of the AP you want to view. Leave the Port field empty and click OK.

6The remote host interface list on the right updates. Select br0 from the list 
7. Click Start, Wireshark displays the packet stream in a new window.
8. Try to sync AP with NTP and collect the captures.
9. To analyse the traffic, filter the traffic with keyword "ntp". Investigate the request and response for more information.

This is the advance level of troubleshooting, so I would recommend opening a support case so that support can help you identify and fix the issue.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Thanks for your advise @Syamantak Omer, I'll take a look and try on your advise.