cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing tx_retries stats for 5GHz radio

jj_69052
New Contributor III
I'm not sure if I am missing something simple here but I wonder why the "tx_retries" aren't shown for 5 GHz clients on R500 using the command below in the AP CLI.

ruckus(ap-mode)# get station wlanX stats

For any 2.4 GHz wlan it appears just fine and I use it to troubleshoot STA performance. But this value is missing for 5 GHz clients, it only shows "good_tx_frms", "good_rx_frms" and where the "tx_retries" is supposed to be there is nothing.

Is it due to a bug or a driver issue? Maybe the 802.11ac driver isn't supplying this info to the CLI?? (I think the old 7372 showed this value for its 5 GHz radio)

Anybody have a guess?
6 REPLIES 6

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Hi JJ,

Still not to worry, you have good connections. Here are two clients, on 2.4g and 5g, each connected at 650mbps, with great signal strength for the 2.4 (44/44) over the 5g (25/27) reported by client RSSIs.  I think maybe there were no retries...?  Are there any when you have "many" 5g clients connected?  OTW, it looks like clean air. 2.4g has more "background noise" per se.

jj_69052
New Contributor III
Thanks Michael I know. Yeah it's relatively clean air that's why I haven't been too bothered before but none of the 5g clients ever show tx_retries. Surely this is a bug...Do you see the tx_retries parameter on any of your AC class aps?