cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost access to AP after changing image

AlekShu
New Contributor

Hi everyone! 
After changing the binding on the H510 access point from H510_200.7.10.202.145 to H510_114.0.0.0.1360, then I can't go to its web interface. All attempts to register an IP or log in from the one that was given to her by the router did not work, tell me what can be done? Or is there a way to flash the AP in some other way to return Unlieshed?

In my country do not much know about Ruckus unfortunately… so please halp!

7 REPLIES 7

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hello @AlekShu,

You upgraded the AP image form Unleashed to standalone version. I hope you have a valid reason to do so.

Coming to the access of the AP, it should still work because upgrading/downgrading the AP image has nothing to do with its IP address, unless AP was configured with static IP.

I will suggest to factory reset the AP, then check if AP gets and IP or not, if it does, check if you can ping it or not.

Refer our self-help article explaining about factory reset process.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Self-Help/How-to-factory-reset-or-factory-default-dif... 

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Thank you for this advice. I tried to reset the AP many times. by IP 192.168.0.1 with the prescribed statics, not ping. When connected to the router, it receives an IP from it, I try this IP, but it is not possible to access it. There are true several features, after the firmware was installed, the browser displayed a

standard page for entering the web interface, but all attempts to enter it turned out to be even. I reset it 30 times then in the list of available wifi, I found AP configure.mexxx I connected to it with my pc, I didn't get access, the AP passes the Internet to lan ports when connecting it to the router, but it does not distribute on wifi, the CTL indicator blinks every 2 seconds. In Ukraine, few people deal with Ruckus, no one has even advice to ask or find a similar situation, what else can I try? Thank you.)

If after resetting the AP still you are not able to access the AP with default and DHCP IP then there are very less things left to be checked.

May I know how you re powering up the AP? Power adapter or POE switch or POE injector?

You should be able to connect to configure.me SSID and then access the AP. configure.me SSID indicates AP is functioning but the only part I don't understand why you are not able to access the IP address. May know if you are able to ping AP IP? Are you sure this AP was not connected to the RUCKUS Cloud (Now RUCKUS One) by any chance? 

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

I connect it using an unmanaged POE switch, but I can’t configure it using the Unleashed application because the phone does not connect to the configure.me network. Yes, I’m pinging it now, I tried it via SSH, the connection breaks. AP worked for me on Unleashed, I didn’t add it to the cloud, but can you check it using sn?