cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5S does not associate with 5 Ghz frequency

thomas_untoja
New Contributor II
Dear Everyone,

has anyone met issues when using Iphone 5S with Ruckus 7363 access point, when broadcasting the 2.4GHz frequency and the 5 GHz frequency?
 (firmware version 9.7.1.0.17) 
The issue : when the Iphone tries to associate with the access point, it keeps failing, and thus does not even try to associate using the 2.4 GHz frequency.
9 REPLIES 9

thomas_untoja
New Contributor II
The SSID is open. However we did not test with PSK (technically they do want an open SSID).
The last test I did was to disable for a few minute the broadcast of the SSID over the 5Ghz frequency, and the iphone connected right after that (using 2.4 ghz)

munish_munish
Contributor
Thomas,  looks like you are also facing the same issue . Could you open a TAC case for further investigation. I know one more customer is facing exact same issue with IOS 8.3.1 version with open SSID  

thomas_untoja
New Contributor II
By TAC case, do you mean a specific ticket that I should open ?
I made the suggestion to the customer to perform the upgrade and let us know if any other issue happen(as he said he had a pending upgrade on his device)

munish_munish
Contributor
Hi Thomas,
Yes , a specific ticket with TAC. Well what software version you have suggested to your customer?

thomas_untoja
New Contributor II
I was checking firmware and it seems that the only AP causing problem has the firmware 9.7.1.0.17
Other APs have the firmware 9.6.1.0.15