cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using R610 and 2 x R510 with Cat6 cabling connected. So, should I turn "ON" the Mesh function?

leo_chung_fsn1v
New Contributor II
I am using R610 and 2 x R510 with Cat6 cabling connected. So, should I turn "ON" the Mesh functtion? But I am afraid Mesh will not use the Cat6 cable, so that the speed will drop, right?
5 REPLIES 5

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor
Hi Leo,

You only need to enable the MESH functionality if one or more of your APs are not connected to the main LAN.  E.g. An AP in a room or part of your building that is not possible to run structured cabling to.

https://www.ruckuswireless.com/rucktionary/mesh-networking-and-smartmesh

Hope that helps,
Darrel.

leo_chung_fsn1v
New Contributor II
Hi Darrel,

Thanks for your prompt reply, so you mean that Mesh function  is not useful in my case because all my 3 x Ruckus AP are all wired to switching hub, right?  Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Leo

Hi Leo,

Yes, exactly!  You have absolutely no need for Mesh functionality in that instance and even if you do enable it, Ruckus SmartMesh is inteliigent enough not to create a mesh infrastructure because it knows it could reduce overall performance.  

Thanks,
Darrel.

abilashpr
Contributor III
Hi Leo,

There should not be any issues enabling Mesh as you worry, if there is any Mesh AP enable it else that option can be ignored.

Regards,

Abilash PR.