cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Re-flash an Unleashed AP back to standalone or ZD firmware

gary_simants
New Contributor II
Hi. I flashed a T300 to use the Unleashed firmware and now I  would to convert this back to the original firmware but cant see an option within the unleashed GUI to do this. Is this possible?
10 REPLIES 10

scot_hetzel
New Contributor
I was able to upgrade the firmware on a T300 AP that was running 206.x.  But first I had to downgrade to 204.x.  Then followed the instructions in KBA-5193.

Originally, I was trying 9.8.1 on 206.x, if I had tried 110.x it might have succeeded.  As I found out later that the flash chip on the AP was a newer version and wasn't supported by the 9.8.1 firmware.

alexey_isakov
Contributor
I had did it with T300 by load T300_104.0.0.0.1347.bl7 on them (became Solo AP) and then upgrade them with ZD compatible SW.
U d be careful whith AP&Software compliance: some SWversions do not suits for ZD.

david_black_594
Contributor III
Converting Unleashed to Zone Flex was straightforward when the interface was like the KB posted by Michael.  For several release now that option has been removed.  You have to go through the unleashed setup wizard, wait for the AP to build the unleashed network, login, go to administer/upgrade - and then finally you can upgrade to the model specific base 104 image, or if you're willing to put up with bugs, upgrade to the latest base 110.   

This sadly doesn't work anymore when running Unleashed 200.7.10.102.64
The uploaded software version is 104.0.0.0.1347, doesn't match with Master AP's 200.7.10.102.64, please choose the same version as Master AP.

[edit]
There is an upgrade option per AP, when you upload the file in that field, it seems to work, under Select image file(s) & Upgrade , not the Preload Image feature.