cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General questions about the R750

bdillard
Contributor II

Hello,

I've had very good experience with the R300, 320, 500 and 550 unleashed.   The most I've ever needed was 15 at one location.   I have a client who has some R550s and wants to replace their other APs (other brand) with R750s.     Do they get POE over the 2.5gbps connector ?    I've never worked with anything over 1gps poe.   

Also they will probably have about 20 APs in total between the R750's and R550's - any problem with the unleashed running off of one of these as the master in an unleashed config?   I heard they used to recommend a director or something once you got to a certain number but also heard that restriction was going away with the new units.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vesalius
Contributor

Quote below from the unleashed 200.12 release notes.

An Unleashed network can scale up to 128 Access Points and 2,048 concurrent clients in bridge mode (gateway mode supports up to 25 APs and 512 clients).

I have a R750 and the PoE is over the 2.5G port. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

vesalius
Contributor

Quote below from the unleashed 200.12 release notes.

An Unleashed network can scale up to 128 Access Points and 2,048 concurrent clients in bridge mode (gateway mode supports up to 25 APs and 512 clients).

I have a R750 and the PoE is over the 2.5G port. 

bdillard
Contributor II

Thanks!!

Xfeldt
New Contributor II

Be aware that the R750 will actually work with only 15W af PoE, it will however only work as a 2x2:2 AP

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor

Just to clarify that the 2.5Gbps port is indeed the PoE-in port but it will happily run at 1Gbps and check the data-sheet to confirm the different PoE Power modes the AP supports (reduced power = reduced performance and functionality). 

As stated by Vesalius - you won't have any issues deploying 100+ APs in an Unleashed network with R750 and R550.

Hope that helps!
Darrel.