cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed wireless.

abdullah_qasim
New Contributor

Dear

We want a solution for our area to provide 2.4ghz frequency from tower in the 500meter radius.  Recommend  a device which penetrate singles in homes from tower to 500meters radius homes.
12 REPLIES 12

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Abdullas,

None of the devices can do that in omnidirectional path.

Please provide more information like do you want to reach network connection on your building from a tower and then use indoor/outdoor APs to provide WiFi or you want to broadcast WiFi in 500M radius from a single point.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Dear 

I want to use one out door device to broadcast wifi in 500m radius. Which can be accessed by clients in homes directly or with a WISP router in home. If send me your email address I will share my location and tower coordinates with KMZ file. In addition more than one outdoor device would be used if necessary for coverage area.

Hi Abdullah,

None of the single outdoor AP can cover 500m radius directly, because client devices also need immense tx power to send the data to AP.

If your clients are located on a specific location (buildings), you may want to use wireless bridges (RUCKUS P300. P-to-M) to extant network till a specific building and from there you can distribute the network using a local switch and multiple indoor/outdoor APs.

Again, no matter how powerful or high range AP you use, coverage is always governed by AP and client both.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Dear omer

If there is a RUCKUS device with beam forming technology in 36dbm transmit power.