cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Reset - Zone Director 1200

King619
New Contributor

I have a Zone Director 1200. The previous IT person didn't document the password. Wifi is working, I just can't login to configure anything.

I do have around 20+ AP's. If I factory reset the main unit, will that break all the AP's? Will they have to be re-configured, also factory reset, etc? Or will it detect the AP's that are connected and let me configure them?

Thanks for any info you can provide. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ms264556
Contributor II

The APs' configuration is managed at the ZoneDirector, so you will have to setup absolutely everything if you factory reset. You'll factory reset the ZoneDirector, re-setup the WLANs, WLAN Groups, AP Groups, then reallocate the APs to the appropriate groups. You'll also need to configure any other services (e.g. radius, dpsks, etc).

But if you have an old backup then the password can be recovered. If you have a support contract then Ruckus support can do this for you. But you can do it yourself too: https://ms264556.net/pages/ExtractRuckusAdminUserPass

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ms264556
Contributor II

The APs' configuration is managed at the ZoneDirector, so you will have to setup absolutely everything if you factory reset. You'll factory reset the ZoneDirector, re-setup the WLANs, WLAN Groups, AP Groups, then reallocate the APs to the appropriate groups. You'll also need to configure any other services (e.g. radius, dpsks, etc).

But if you have an old backup then the password can be recovered. If you have a support contract then Ruckus support can do this for you. But you can do it yourself too: https://ms264556.net/pages/ExtractRuckusAdminUserPass

Once ZoneDirector is reset, it will automatically detect again all AP even with their current configuration? I have APs that are already unreachable and I cannot recover to reset physically. I'm worried that If i reset the ZoneDirector I will not detect any APs.

Hi @wirelessuser12 
With the current setup where the AP is already connected to ZD, if you reset the ZD the APs will still hold the config.
And the APs will keep trying to reach the ZD. After the reset make sure to configure the same IP address on the ZD and other settings and the APs will connect back to the ZD again.

Hello, thank you for the reply.

Just to be sure, once I reset the ZD and input again its IP, APs will be automatically detected?
Anyway, I think I can set again the other settings after detection. Just need to make sure that APs will be detected again after reset. Thank you!