cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different VLANs for each H510 AP on data ports

noel_saldana
New Contributor III
Is it this scenario possible?
We will be deploying around 300+ units of H510 APs for each room on a hotel but the requirement is that each room has its own VLAN on the data ports which is for the AP. 
I presume that the ssid will be the same but the data ports will be different for each of the room. 300+ APs = 300+ VLANs

We will be using a Cisco 3650 switch and a ZoneDirector 3000..
7 REPLIES 7

shantha_swaroop
New Contributor III
possible...

you have to have the uplink as a trunk port and untag the  the desired VLANs for the Wired ports and the broadcasted SSID

noel_saldana
New Contributor III
On my typical configurations I untag the VLAN for the AP management and then tag VLANs for the SSIDs.
How can I set it on the ZoneDirector or on the switch that whenever someone tries to plug thru the wire it has a different VLAN and also applies to other rooms? 

shantha_swaroop
New Contributor III
I use to use the below config.... where VLan 2 will be the WLAN VLAN and VLan 10 will be the mgmt VLAN and 113 will be the VLAN for the Wired port from the AP

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/2
 description Room No 133
 port link-type trunk
 port trunk permit vlan 1 to 2 10 113
 port trunk pvid vlan 113
 poe enable

noel_saldana
New Contributor III
Meaning to say that the native vlan here is VLAN 113 right?
How can the Ruckus AP when inserted on a switchport sees or acquire an IP address if the port is untagged to a VLAN intended for guest wired port? Does the AP automatically joins the ZD controller for this configuration?