cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure.Me-xxx of second AP requires password

daniel_knottenb
New Contributor II
Second AP (R310) cannot find Master (CTL light flashing). I had upgraded the Master firmware to 200.7 so I figured I needed to configure and upgrade the second AP as well but I cannot access it : I am unable to join the Configure.Me-xxx network since it is asking for a password which it shouldn’t do. I have tried factory resetting, and have even disconnected the Master. The new AP seems stuck.
9 REPLIES 9

Is it asking for a password (PSK key) or you are trying to access AP using it's web GUI?

Could you factory reset the AP and try again.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

highspeed_syste
New Contributor II

Hi Syamantakomer. I have the same problem with an H510. I have factory-reset the WAP, and it is broadcasting the SSID "Configure.Me-XXXXXX", but it is requesting an encryption key. I have tried the 12-digit serial number with no success. Have factory-defaulted the WAP multiple times, but it's always the same. The WAP gets an IP address from my router, but when I SSH to it I get "connection refused". I cannot HTTP or HTTPS to it. Any ideas?

billlaaayyyy
New Contributor

Seems like I'm having the same issue you have. Even after resetting the AP, the broadcasted SSID "Configure.Me-XXXXXX" has a lock next to it. When I connect to it, it prompts me for a wifi password. 

I tried the SN on the back of the device as the password and that was successful, but "unleashed.ruckuswireless.com", "192.168.0.1", and the Ruckus Unleashed iphone app do nothing. 

Otavio
New Contributor

I have the same problem, the reset does not work. I can't enter the wifi because it asks for a password at https://iprouter I can access it, but the default username and password are not accepted. I need a solution don't you have some tftp process to rewrite the flash and go back to factory default?

I was able to solve the issue for me. I reset the AP via the reset button, wait for it to boot, then plugged the device to my network. Then, I looked in my router settings to find the AP. Took the AP's IP and SSH into it. The SSH's login credentials were the same as on the back of the device. I then browsed the Ruckus site for the latest Standalone Unleashed firmware for my device model. Once I was connected via SSH, I was able to change & update the firmware using the info listed on this support page.

And yes, this method required setting up and transferring the firmware via TFTP. I recommend hosting the TFTP on a computer connected to your network via ethernet instead of WiFi. I first attempted the firmware transfer via WiFi but kept getting a failed transfer (error stated "bad tail" or something like that). I did multiple attempts and eventually I got a transfer that was successful, but that was after 5-10 tries. When I hooked up my computer via ethernet the transfer worked faster and on the first try. (I was updating multiple APs). 

After updating the APs, I was finally able to connect to the SSID broadcast as expected (I'd don't recall if a SSID passcode was needed, but it's just the device serial number). I was able to configure the device via the Unleashed app & unleashed.ruckuswireless.com. 

Hope this helps!