cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure.Me-xxx of second AP requires password

daniel_knottenb
New Contributor II
Second AP (R310) cannot find Master (CTL light flashing). I had upgraded the Master firmware to 200.7 so I figured I needed to configure and upgrade the second AP as well but I cannot access it : I am unable to join the Configure.Me-xxx network since it is asking for a password which it shouldn’t do. I have tried factory resetting, and have even disconnected the Master. The new AP seems stuck.
9 REPLIES 9

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Daniel,

Refer below thread.

https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/ruckuswireless/topics/what-is-the-password-for-configure-me-ssid-a...

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

daniel_knottenb
New Contributor II
Hi Syamantak - I tried "AP S/N" as the password (suggested in the thread) but that's not even the 8 characters a PSK requires and it doesn't work. Am I looking it the wrong place?

Hi Daniel,

Proving details from same thread mentioned in my previous comment.

Since you see the Configure.Me SSID, your AP must be running Unleashed code.
As soon as the Unleashed AP is powered on and connected to the local network, it boots up and begins broadcasting a temporary unencrypted ESSID named “Configure.Me-[xxxxxx]”from the 2.4 GHz radio only.

Using your client’s WiFi configuration settings, select and associate to the “Configure.Me-[xxxxxx]” SSID.
Launch a web browser and enter the following into the browser’s URL bar: unleashed.ruckuswireless.com, and press Enter.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Thanks. The problem is that when I try to associate to the Configure.Me SSID it asks for a password. This should not happen, it should be unencrypted . So I am stuck at that point.