cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clinets Randomly Disconnect

leo_gharapetian
New Contributor II
We have multiple (3) sites, all with brand new (as of 2018) Ruckus equipment. All sites have a ZD1200 and 5-10 APs (R510s). All sites are experiencing the same problem.
The client randomly disconnects, even when the user is not roaming. 100% of the time it disconnects when the user is roaming.

I tried enabling smart-roam and testing settings of SM-3 and SM-6 but the problem persists. [guide I used]

ZD 1200 (FW: 10.1.1.0 build 42) on all sites.

Here is a video of what happens. You have to watch it on full screen to see the MAC top tool bar.

The problem happens on every network device, regardless of OS/manufacturer.
Since it is happening at all sites, I assume this is a config issue but so far support has not been able to solve it. To make matters worse, their entire support network is down today.

Configuration:
AP:
Screen 1
Screen 2

WLAN:
Screen 1
Screen 2
Screen 3
Screen 4

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Leo

13 REPLIES 13

ken_liu_dlob4xe
New Contributor III
How about disable Tunnel mode in WLAN since I see you are using ZD1200, not ZD3K?
All of Clients traffic via all APs will go through one ZD1200. I am afraid ZD1200 may not handle the heavy tunnel traffic load sometimes.

martin_martin
Valued Contributor
Hi Leo,

I think the strange behavior you are seeing needs to be looked at by the support team.
Kindly go to the support.ruckuswireless.com site and open a case so it can be looked at.

Regards
Martin

nate_liv
New Contributor
For this to work the most ‘cleanly’ with current versions of Spark and Openfire, you really need to have valid xmpp.domain settings that are not IPs and backed by proper local DNS SRV records. When clients connect, they should not use IP addresses for the xmpp domain, but the xmpp.domain that the Openfire server is configured to use.

alexey_isakov
Contributor
If were you I shold try to switch OFF all roaming functions (no smart-roam, 802.11r too) and have a look on the network performance: so the disconnections became less or not. The poor network performance for my point of view much better than good performance whith some disconnections (in case if the disconnections get service impact- becourse not all disconnect infos main service impact). Look at the PDAs that disconnected - are thew old ? (working in b/g?)