cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use R510 and ZF7372 together?

oldguy-newtech
New Contributor

'lo, all. I'm new to Ruckus devices, so kindly forgive my ignorant questions.

Our office has two active R510 APs running 200.15.6.12.304, with one as master. We also have two ZF7372 (104.0.0.0.1347) that are not in use. Can they all work together or must we buy new APs in place of the ZFs?

Thanks for your advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ms264556
Contributor II

There's a page which lets you enter your APs to see whether there's an Unleashed/ZoneDirector release which will support them all: https://indhradhanush.github.io/rksunlfw/

You can see that the only way to get these running together is to buy a ZoneDirector controller and run very old firmware. This would also involve reinstalling the AP firmwares and re-setting up your network. So definitely not worth doing.

You can buy new R550 APs and they'll work just fine with your Unleashed R510s; or used R510s are available on eBay for <$30 (but you'll get no warranty or support from Ruckus).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ms264556
Contributor II

There's a page which lets you enter your APs to see whether there's an Unleashed/ZoneDirector release which will support them all: https://indhradhanush.github.io/rksunlfw/

You can see that the only way to get these running together is to buy a ZoneDirector controller and run very old firmware. This would also involve reinstalling the AP firmwares and re-setting up your network. So definitely not worth doing.

You can buy new R550 APs and they'll work just fine with your Unleashed R510s; or used R510s are available on eBay for <$30 (but you'll get no warranty or support from Ruckus).

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @oldguy-newtech 

ZF7372 does not support on Unleashed platform, for 200.15.6.12.304, please find the below supported models.
sanjay_kumar_0-1710550085597.png

oldguy-newtech
New Contributor

Thanks to you both, @ms264556 & @sanjay_kumar. I had no idea old R510s are so cheap. I'll go that route.