cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login with default UID/PWD after hard reset on R320

uncle_ben
New Contributor II

Dear ALL,

OK! As you may found that, there are many similar topics here over these few years... so I would like to join asking the same issue... see whether Ruckus can have an official response or not.

Our organization purchased the R320 xN few years ago, and now it's already EOL and almost no support, the ZD1200 dead at the same time. So we have to hard reset all of the R320 & R510 and try to move those workable AP to the Ruckus' Remote Portal. Only the R510 access with the default UID & PWD, but the other R320 cannot access with the default combination, I tried all of the suggested UID / PWD combination, no one fit for it.

After we reset the R320 (without any upgrade firmware action before), it will show the configure.me ssid, some people said we can download the unleashed software on mobile and configure the AP after connecting to the configure.me ssid, however, the key point is, as many people asking here, no one knows the password. Ruckus's documentation didn't mentioned about this, seems it's a top secret at all.

Therefore, our question is simple and clear:

1/ What's the UID/PWD for the AP (R320) after hard reset besides super/sp-admin, or any combination with super,admin,Lennar,lennar,ruckus,Ruckus!,Ruckus1,admin,password,sp-admin - ALL are not correct~

2/ What's the password for the configure.me ssid after the AP's hard reset?

Anyone are welcome to like this thread to express you have the same case, and hoping that Ruckus can have a solid solution. (Note: The AP configure in home environment or working environment doesn't affecting the case)

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

uncle_ben
New Contributor II

Hi ALL,

Just want to update my case, in which finally got a workaround to reset & updated all R320 without the need to know the password of configure.me.

Even it's fixed but I still don't know why it's so strange... anyway, at least I can go through it and close my own case. As said, I can input the default account of super/sp-admin in R510 after reset, but can't do the same thing with the R320. Afterwards, I tried to open a private browser window in firefox, and then the default account can sign on the R320! Well, I thought maybe something cached? So it works in private tab. But after I did the same thing for the 3rd R320 in the SAME private tab, the default account can't be sign in again.... I have to close the private browser window, and then open another new private browser window, then it can sign in again! This is so strange, I don't know why it would be happen - the private window shouldn't save cookies or password... and actually even in the normal firefox tab, I didn't save any account info. But it just happened that I have to close the private window and open again for another R320... until I finished the reset and upgrade to unleashed version to all over 10 R320.

Anyway, any one with the similar case, you can follow my steps, it may help even unreasonable.

Looking forward ahead! Case closed. Thanks for anyone who tried to help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ms264556
Contributor II

So long as you successfully factory reset the AP (holding the reset pin in until the LED starts flashing red, maybe 10-12 seconds) then the AP's user will be super & the password will be sp-admin .

And for ZD firmware I'm pretty sure the configure.me password is the AP's serial number (which is printed on the underside of the AP).

If you're the original purchaser of the ZD1200 then Ruckus will replace it for free.

If you have a backup from your dead ZD then you can get the admin user/password & firmware version required to restore here .

One advantage of replacing your ZD Is that you don't need to reinstall the AP firmwares - they'll be adopted by the new ZD.

uncle_ben
New Contributor II

Thanks for reply! ZD1200 is no longer supported an EOL already, the vendor discourage us to maintain it, especially when it's dead a month ago. Actually, we changed to use Aruba and using their real cloud controller which is free, not like Ruckus to use the R510 as the controller.

We just want to re-use the workable Ruckus APs including R320 & R510 to form another WiFi network. I did to reset the R320 to factory reset as normal, I didn't it many times before, just this time when I reset the AP, seems some (not all) R320s cannot sign in with the default super/sp-admin, some are OK.

uncle_ben
New Contributor II

Hi ALL,

Just want to update my case, in which finally got a workaround to reset & updated all R320 without the need to know the password of configure.me.

Even it's fixed but I still don't know why it's so strange... anyway, at least I can go through it and close my own case. As said, I can input the default account of super/sp-admin in R510 after reset, but can't do the same thing with the R320. Afterwards, I tried to open a private browser window in firefox, and then the default account can sign on the R320! Well, I thought maybe something cached? So it works in private tab. But after I did the same thing for the 3rd R320 in the SAME private tab, the default account can't be sign in again.... I have to close the private browser window, and then open another new private browser window, then it can sign in again! This is so strange, I don't know why it would be happen - the private window shouldn't save cookies or password... and actually even in the normal firefox tab, I didn't save any account info. But it just happened that I have to close the private window and open again for another R320... until I finished the reset and upgrade to unleashed version to all over 10 R320.

Anyway, any one with the similar case, you can follow my steps, it may help even unreasonable.

Looking forward ahead! Case closed. Thanks for anyone who tried to help.