cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI command list upload

primoz_marinsek
Valued Contributor
Will there be a way to somehow upload a CLI command list to a ZD or SA AP?

We have a customer with a very cool system set-up, where they can take a config list generated by the "show config" CLI command store it and compare it to previous outputs. If a problem arises it allows them to quickly see the changes made.

However, usually they don't have the ability to access the ZD directly and they would like to be able to send some CLI commands in a file to the customer, which would then uploade it to the ZD and execute it.

I've seen the "Import scripts" option, however the user guide says something like "don't do it unless instructed by our support".
7 REPLIES 7

I think Primož is requesting a scripting language (perhaps something simple like expect or shell) that can then execute arbitrary scripts. In the example given it would probably execute 'show config' and export the results to a file or host, maybe even on some time basis.

Something like

exec 'show config >foo.config'
ftp foo.config 10.0.0.1
wait 86400 #1 day
loop

The script function mentioned is strictly for diagnostics. Our support engineers write the script (it's just sh) but then have to encrypt it before you can upload to the device and run it. So just uploading a shell script won't work.

primoz_marinsek
Valued Contributor
Yeah. The idea is to upload some kind of script, just not like expect. I've told them about it, and they just shrugged it off. It's allot of work to make it work.

So basically they want to make a list of commands that fix what the end user has screwed up, send it to the them so they can just upload it to the ZD to run them.

bill_burns_6069
Contributor III
What you want is this:
https://github.com/bot779/ruckusconf

It's a linux script that will take your commands and enter them onto a zonedirector (or AP's) SSH commandline.

It can also do what your customer is already doing.
(automatically download the zonedirector config)

Download and install the script on a linux box.
It's fairly well documented. (but hasn't been tested much)

Ideally, if you're going to use it to do updates to a zonedirector, it'd be *really* nice to test it on a non-production zonedirector first.
(because if it breaks the zondirector config, you get to keep all the pieces)

Try using it to download a config.

If that works, try updating an innocuous part of your zonedirector config.
doing updates in multiple zondirector config sections could get tedious.
(but it's very possible)

You can enter multiple config commands (inside quotes) on the ruckusconf commandline.

Then you can specify the "--makeinfile" option to create an example "file" of a command list. (so you know how to format things)

running ruckusconf with the "--infile" option reads those commands and automatically enters them into your zonedirector.
(so you don't have to write your own expect program)

Let me know if/what problems you have.