cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C110 Cable Modem (CMAC) Address?

jeff_harrison_6
New Contributor II
Hi,
I have a C110, and do not have physical access (it is in my condo in another state), but have HTTPS and SSH access.  I do not see any info listed for the CMAC address in the GUI, or when I run show techsupport in SSH...

How can I find what the Cable Modem (CMAC) address is?

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

albert_pierson
RUCKUS Team Member
Hi Jeff,

The AP queries the integrated CM using SNMP and a report can be seen from the AP CLI using the following ocmmands:

- get cm supportinfo

- get cm supportinfo show

The cmsupportinfo file should also be available in the WEB-UI of the AP (if AP is not managed by a controller) or in the controller GUI found under the "actions" (ZD/unleashed) or "more" of the SZ

The MAC should be found under OID 2.1.6

ifPhysAddress -The interface's address at the protocol layer immediately 'below' the network layer in the protocol stack.

I hope this information is helpful.

Thanks

Thank you!  So, when I SSH to the Unleashed CLI and put in in Enabled Mode (#), it does not recognize the get command.  I did find where I can 'Download Logs' - 'Cable Modem Info', but I get a popup "Failed!  Unable to download file", and then lets me download an empty file.  If I click the link again, it returns a file with only the below text:

### Basic Info ###
MAC Address:
Software Version:
WAN IPv4 Address: WAN IPv6 Address:

Uptime:
Connection Status:

Led Mode: 3

### MIB Info ###
 -- docsIfMib --

-- docsDev --
###

I also found a section in the UI that says "Cable Mode Info", but interestingly enough, it is empty (screenshot below).

Image_ images_messages_5f91c48b135b77e247adecfd_a6fa55597177c913400bfbc7044c8087_RackMultipart2019102977759vq1f-08480fdc-6069-4181-9ea8-e739d0681cbd-1913410306.jpg1572374784

When you log into a Unleashed Master AP SSH/CLI it is in the Controller mode.
To run AP CLI commands using "get" you need to move to the AP mode from "debug level" using the command: ap-mode

Gotcha...

At first I got the below output, but after resetting the modem, immediately logging in, and then checking the GUI, I was able to get the MAC address... it seems it's getting a bad config file from the CMTS that is causing it to not respond after initially connecting as when you refresh the GUI you get the screenshot in the above post, and running the command results in no data returned(below).  However, I now have the MAC so issue solved.  Thank you Albert!

Welcome to Ruckus Unleashed Network Command Line Interface
ruckus> en
ruckus# ap mode
The command is either unrecognized or incomplete. To view a list of commands that you can run  from this context, type '?' or 'help'.
ruckus# ap-mode
You have all rights in this mode.
ruckus(ap-mode)# get

ruckus(ap-mode)# get cm supportinfo
OK
ruckus(ap-mode)# get cm supportinfo show

### Basic Info ###
MAC Address:
Software Version:
WAN IPv4 Address: WAN IPv6 Address:

Uptime:
Connection Status: