cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone using Ruckus APs on a 3COM 4400 series switch?

chad_carson
New Contributor II
We have a customer with 3COM equipment. A 7700 series Layer 3 switch where all vlans are defined, and a 3COM 4400 series edge Layer 2 switch where some access points are connected.

The port from the 7700 to the 4400 is configured as a trunk on the 7700, and all vlans are tagged on the 4400, so that all appears to be working. They are using VLAN 2 as the "default" VLAN, which is a change from the default of VLAN1.

My issue is, the access points are reachable on VLAN2 (where their own IP addresses are defined) if the port is set as UNTAGGED 2 (basically, an "access" port in Cisco terms). However, I can't leave it this way, as there are two more VLANs for the wireless networks we are trying to set up. As soon as I make it TAGGED with 2 and the other two VLANs for wireless SSIDs, the AP is unreachable via IP and no one can join the VLANs.

Just wanting to see if anyone out there actually HAS Ruckus APs on 3com 4400s and if there was anything special you had to do to get this to work?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
6 REPLIES 6

chad_carson
New Contributor II
I'm wondering if the problem may be a mixture of having Native VLAN 1 in some parts of the network, and setting the Management VLAN 2 as Native in other parts of the network.

I'm walking into an existing location and trying to overlay Ruckus on top of the existing network, which may have some underlying issues that are throwing me off.

rahul_koul
Contributor
Chad, you might need to open a case with Ruckus TAC and 3Com's aswell unless someone who has worked with 3Com switches can provide suggestions here. I don't have any experience with 3Com switches.