cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A poor throughput performance standalone AP with NAT forwarding.

hyosang_choi
Valued Contributor
I have tested throughput test with NAT forwarding for Ruckus AP and some vender APs.

On Nat-forwarding, Aruba(IAP mode)and Samsung AP(standalone mode) have over 300Mbps at throughput test, but Ruckus AP have just 150-200Mbps.

Using same Ruckus AP, when we associated to SZ ver 3.6,x, we find throughput is over 300-350Mbps.

In SZ envirnment, I know Ruckus enhanced nat performance since 3.6.x.

Some customer complaints us Ruckus AP(Standalone) about a poor throughput performance about standalone with NAT forwarding.

They say that when we used cheap wireless Router, those had better throughput than Ruckus.

Why have Ruckus AP poor throughput at using NAT forwarding?

Like SZ, do Ruckus  enhance Standalone-AP with NAT forwarding better throughput in future?

In korea, many partner and customer want it.
10 REPLIES 10

martin_martin
Valued Contributor
Hi Jeronimo,

What software and version are you running on the standalone AP?

regards
Martin

I have tested that using all 104.x and 110.x.

jardel_almeida1
Contributor
Can you report how you are tested, or share experiences?

Do we need to know that you have tested them for ISM (2.4GHz), or UNII (5GHz)?

We need to know which foi or throughput server that you used, was foi or mesmo em both (local server, jitter, latência);

But when you are not standalone method, to ruckus não trabalha com resources de rádio (RRM), não works to beam flex feature, nem do channel fly. I acknowledge that this is a difference as long as Aruba, so you can adjust the resources of non-IAP RRM, and transform it into virtual AC.

More please, compartilhe or method used for testing, pois sua dúvida é muito important for nós.

I had tested 5Ghz/802.11acperformance using iperf3 due to not matter performance for 2.4Ghz.

Samsung AP and Aruba AP are better performance at NAT forwarding.

Ruckus AP with NAT forwarding on standalone mode is very poor.

I don't understand why do Ruckus AP have poor performance.