cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7982 stops working, keep having to reboot

eva_bridgewater
New Contributor
I've had a 7982 running fine for about a year and a half. Recently within the last couple of months, the AP keeps going down. Only a reboot will get it going again. Our company depends heavily on it, so I ordered a new 7982. I have eliminated everything within our LAN as the cause, switches, POE injector, cabling etc. I am about to try the new unit but I sure would like to identify the cause. Could it be a device on Wifi that is causing it to jam? We have no more than 60 clients on it. I am not sure what to look for in the log to see if it is a device that is causing the problem. Software version is 9.4.0.0.103 and like I said it's been running great for quite a while. When it stops working, I cannot get to it from the browser and I cannot ping it and naturally no client can connect. I doubt a firmware upgrade would make a difference. I would be willing to pay for support if that would that help? TIA
1 REPLY 1

martin_martin
Valued Contributor
Are you using the AP as standalone? If so, try a more recent release of 104.x.x.x code 

Martin