cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Ruckus R710 AP Not Connecting to Existing Network

ryan_lee
New Contributor

Hello,

I am currently trying to setup a second Ruckus R710, however, it is not connecting with my master ap. With that, it is displaying a new configure.me ssid, this time asking for its serial number for the password, which I didn't have to do the first time. In addition to this, my computer is displaying that the configure.me has no internet connection, therefore, I cannot connect to its default ip address. I have tried doing a factory reset and have also tried applying a static ip to the configure.me. Nothing has worked so far.

12 REPLIES 12

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Ryan,

Configure.me will appear if AP is in factory default mode and cannot discover the controller (master AP).

• First check if your AP is getting IP address from the network or not (for this you need a DHCP server in wired network and switch should also be configured correctly).
  • If you don't have a DHCP server for AP management, connect a laptop directly to 2nd port of your AP (make sure AP is getting 802.3at power, in order to use 2nd eth port) and configure default subnet IP on laptop.
  • Access the AP over it's default IP, configure an IP address on same subnet as master AP.
  • Once configured, SSH into this AP and then ping master AP IP address. If you are able to ping it, means network connection is fine.
  • Check and make sure AP is on 200.x version, in order to discover and join master AP.

If above doesn't work, please feel free to open a support case and support team will help you.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

ryan_lee
New Contributor

Thank you for your replay Omer, 

I am fairly new to this so please excuse my confusion, but how would I check if I have a DHCP server? Is this through the switch? Also, if I do not have a DHCP server, what where and what I would enter for default subnet ip?

Thank you again, 

ryan_lee
New Contributor

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Ryan,

Could you confirm how your network devices are connected at present?

For example,

ISP connection >>> Modem/Router>>>> Switch >>  APs

You have to first find out who is the DHCP server. It can be your ISP modem/router or switch.

Try to connect a devices on same subnet as your master AP and then run a IP scanner. It will give you more info like if your second AP got IP address from server or not, what is the gateway MAC address (refer the gateway IP of your laptop, when it is connected to wired network).

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn