Enable Smart Redundancy button won't activate.
It has a circle with a slash thru it. I haven't seen an error message in a log yet explaining.
My two ZD8000's are talking over when the other ZD is down. APs are rebooting a couple times.
Wondering if both Zone Directors must be exactly same model and software version.\
I recall reading you can mix a ZD3000 and a ZD1200. Perhaps the software must me EXACTLY identical.
I exported the config on my primary ZD and imported it the the secondary ZD.
The third console is working to the current active ZD.
Seems worthy of a high priority error message IMHO.
Anyway. it's nice. Can't complain for old WiFi gear.
I'd prefer to keep two slightly different versions. More choice in compatible APs.
I'm currently only using a dozen of so R700's but I'd like to add others some day.
Go to Solution.
The ZD should be of same model and version for SR to work. Below article will help in understanding all that you need :
1. Smart Redundancy Requirements between ZoneDirectors:
2. Configuring Smart Redundancy across the ZoneDirectors:
3. Sync to peer and Sync from peer button in Smart-Redundancy
4. Firmware upgrade in ZD smart redundancy setup:
5. Upgrading ZoneDirector Firmware in Smart Redundancy Setup via GUI;
View solution in original post