cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calculating total support/license cost

charles_sprickm
New Contributor III
Looking at a ZD 1200 with 7 APs.  I'm comparing to an existing Meraki install with 5 APs.  The latter is easy - $100 per AP/year for support/updates.  What would be the cost on the Ruckus solution?  I believe I need licensing on the ZD (is this one-time or recurring?) and then a support contract to access firmware updates.  I see I can buy Ruckus from various vendors online, but I assume licensing and support is handled direct.  Knowing the cost without a lengthy sales pitch would be helpful in comparing the two options.

Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7

martin_martin
Valued Contributor
Hi Sporkman,

The forum is more used for support queries.

If you have sales / pricing questions, please contact your local ruckus dealer, or Ruckus on +1 (650) 265-4200

Kind regards
Martin

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
solution cost is made up of 4 parts:

1) hardware (AP + controller + accessries)
2) Lic (you need to buy 2 per AP lic)
3) Support pack/AMC/ Recurring cost - this is optional however good to have in case of important and critical install. if you don;t take this, you loose on advance replacement, software upgrade and Technical support from Ruckus and you are on your own with kit.
4) Implementation cost: this is billed by partner who does the install depending on scope of work and type of install.

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
lic is one time
support pack or AMC is recurring with 1, 3 and 5 years terms..
for estimate... better get in touch with sales guy with Ruckus

charles_sprickm
New Contributor III
Hmm.  Not even a hint?  We don't have a reseller, generally deal with used equipment. I hate having to pick up the phone for this info in the 21st century.  7 APs, ZoneDirector 1200, licensing and premium support, this must be a line item someone can quote no?