Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZoneDirector - Access Point Auto Recovery

marco_eichstet1
Contributor III
Hello,

maybe someone can clarify this.
I don't really understand the "Auto Recovery" Feature on my "Access Point" Page.

What i understand:
Is it right that the Time (in Minutes) I configure here is the Time how long my Access Points can offer access to my WLANs after the Connection to my ZD goes down? I think that just wireless networks without Radius or Guest Ticket Authentication will work without ZD. After that time, my AP reboots and try to connect to my ZD. If he could not reach his ZD, he do not serve any wireless Network any more and my Clients are offline.

Here my questions:
In fact i just can set a maximum time of 1440 Minutes (24h) i will get a (big) Problem if my ZD goes down because of a hardware Problem. Right? If yes, how should i solve this. Disable the Auto Recovery? Other Solution?

Thanks!

Best Regards
Marco
5 REPLIES 5

koen_verbeeck
New Contributor III
If auto recovery is enabled, then clients that were already authenticated/associated to the access point will stay connected and keep their data connection, the AP will then reboot after the timer expires and the existing clients will loose their connection till the ZD is reconnected

If auto recovery is disabled, then clients that were already authenticated/associated to the access point will stay connected and keep their data connection, the AP will not reboot and new clients cannot connect to the network.

The goal of the auto recovery is to prevent data connection problems between the AP and the Distribution System? Not between the ZD and the DS?

The AP will keep looking for the ZD, even if the auto recovery timer has not been expired (keep alive).

If you want clients to be able to authenticate/associate to the AP even when the ZD is no longer available, the configure an autonomous WLAN (only security features without ZD are then available).

br.
Koen