cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zone Director osx

john_simoneau
New Contributor II
Is the Zone Director 1200 Quick Setup compatable with OS X?
3 REPLIES 3

shane_ferguson
New Contributor III
Yes it is. I solely use OS X to setup and configure Ruckus products

john_simoneau
New Contributor II
I can’t get it to launch? Any advise? Before I set it up at work I thought I would download the firmware updates at home. I tried:

- connecting the zone director via eithernet to my comcast modem. Then director to my imac via ethernet. Then going to default 194.168.0.2 (off memory but think that was it)) via safari. Nothing.

- connecting the zone director via ethernet to my airport extreme. The comcast to my imac via ethernet. Then using wifi to connect to that going to default 194.168.0.2 (off memory but think that was it)) via safari. Nothing.

How can I connect to the thing. It came with windows only instructions:(

Thanks

You should really get a little switch, maybe PoE capable to run a couple APs?

Connect your Comcast/ISP router to the right-most port, and ZD/Apple PC to other switch ports.

Current issue is that your router gave the ZD an IP address from it's DHCP scope (that it will
share with your PC and all wireless clients).

You can look on your Comcast router's DHCP lease table, for the ZD's current IP address...

I recommend, configure your Comcast router to not use all other IPs in the subnet it's assigning,
so you can give your ZD a Static IP, outside the DHCP scope (that it will share with your PC and
all wireless clients), so you can always reach it (from a saved/favorite bookmark URL).

Does this help?

PS. Upgrade after you have your ZD on the network with Internet access.  Check the Release Notes
for that release to be sure it supports all your current AP models.