cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zone Director Remote Suggestions

alf_watt
New Contributor II
Please send us any suggestions you have to improve the ZD Remote iPad app!
9 REPLIES 9

alf_watt
New Contributor II
We are actively working on an Android version of Zone Director as well as expanded tools for configuring your Zones.

While we're working it it would be very helpful to know which Android devices people are using for surveys.

stuart_white_57
New Contributor
Support for AD admin access.

That's an interesting idea.  Please contact your local Ruckus SE or Account team to submit a Field Request on your behalf to our Product Marketing managers.  (note: tech support cannot file field requests)

I'll have a word with Eddie next month in Rome

john_d
Valued Contributor II
Just adding a few ideas here:

(1) I'd love the ability to save a password or use Touch ID rather than always being prompted to log in. Repeatedly typing the admin password on a large tablet device might end up being less secure.

(2) It takes too many taps to look at AP's and clients. I would really prefer a more at-a-glance summary of state similar to the ZD Dash layout.

(3) The ability to initiate SpeedFlex testing and see results from the ZD Remote would be great.

(4) Allow it to run on iPhone in addition to iPad. The UI seems like it would readily scale to the iPhone 6  / 6 Plus screen sizes, and I already frequently use the ZD web UI from an iPhone 6 Plus in lieu of having a ZD Remote app.

(5) The ability to use a ZD Console from the Remote would be awesome. iOS devices have a difficult time using the ZD command line. SSH apps tend to cost money, and some of them (like Prompt 2) cannot deal with the ZoneDirector's special variant of SSH where it  is passwordless and the login shell is actually the authenticator.