cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZeroIT redirect and Smart Redundancy

rob_coote
New Contributor III
In the Hotspot settings a redirect URL is set for unauthenticated clients to be sent for authentication. For us, this is the hostname of our primary ZD3000.

If Smart Redundancy is triggered however, and all AP's and clients fail over to the secondary ZD - with a different IP and hostname - the redirect fails (obviously).

Is there a way to ensure ZeroIT will still function properly if the primary ZD has failed?
17 REPLIES 17

rob_coote
New Contributor III
Todd,

Curious if your device/system IP is on a different subnet than the management IP?

Also if either have an Access VLAN specified?

Rob

it_registration
Contributor
Rob,

No everything is on the same subnet. my ips:
PrimaryZD: 10.200.13.99
SecondaryZD: 10.200.13.98
Zonedirector managment IP: 10.200.13.100

Also access vlan is set to default of: 1. which is what our primary vlan is.

Our network is pretty flat.

So the management IP is the same for both? My ZD's are in different physical buildings and subnets, so addressing them might be a bit more complicated.

Yes, the management IP is the same for both. Note that I'm (was) using guest pass not hotspot, but I would think the process would work the same. But according to the post below this might not be a good option, but it's worked for me and guestpass.

If smart redundancy is on, then the management IP should be the same for both, that way U'll allways connect to the Active.