cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZeroIT App not working on Galaxy S4

donald_curry_58
New Contributor III
I have installed the WifiAutoConfZeroIT app on a Samsung Galaxy S4, when opening the app I get the "wireless is busy stop trying to connect and try again" -- I have made sure that the phone is not connecting to anything, restarted the phone, set to forget all networks, etc. Still this error pops up when I open the app.

The app was downloaded from ZD running firmware 9.7
5 REPLIES 5

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
Not aware of any general problem. Is your phone rooted? Did you try restarting the phone?

donald_curry_58
New Contributor III
The phone is not rooted and I did attempt a restart.

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
I'm still working with the theory it's your phone, so if there's >1 seeing this, ignore the following.

Sometimes phones need to really be wapped upside the head. First delete the original download (you may need a file manager to do that) Then power down, and remove the battery for at least 30 seconds..on power up, re-install the app from the ZD and try again.

If that still doesn't work...open a support case, but if we can't reproduce it, we'll probably direct you to Samsung. I am not finding any similar cases open with us at the moment. (and I personally use an S4 and didn't have any trouble last time I loaded zero-it)

Also...is the SSID you are trying to connect to (the final one) broadcast? (visible) Android recently followed Apple's lead in dis-allowing automated connections to hidden SSID's

scott_greer_657
New Contributor
I've had the same problem for months now. A new user got a new Galaxy the other day and it has the same problem. It connects fine to our guest account.