cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zd1200 license

alan_tam_ell5st
New Contributor III
I have some question about zd1200 AP license. Below is my question :

1) I would like to know ap license is tied to zd1200 serial number right? During warranty period, if zd1200 spoil, after replacement of zd1200. Do I need to purchase ap license again?
2) Can ap license for zd1200 with normal control support contract be transfer if zd1200 spoil?
3) if zd1200 with smart redundancy controller contact, can ap license be transfer if zd1200 spoil?

Thanks.

Alan Tam
1 REPLY 1

abilashpr
Contributor III
Hi Alan,

Please find the answers inline.

1) I would like to know ap license is tied to zd1200 serial number right? During warranty period, if zd1200 spoil, after replacement of zd1200. Do I need to purchase ap license again?

Answer: If the ZD with warranty is gone bad the licences would not be transferred to replacement ZD. Licences would be generated and emailed to you which should be activated by you on replacement ZD or contact support who would be glad to do it. Support contract would automatically be transferred to replacement ZD serial number not on any ZD.

2) Can ap license for zd1200 with normal control support contract be transfer if zd1200 spoil?

Answer: Licences cannot be transferred from one ZD to another ZD, if you RMA the ZD it doesn't matter if it is RTF or AR in both cases equal number of licences would be generated which has to be activated on the replacement ZD.

3) if zd1200 with smart redundancy controller contact, can ap license be transfer if zd1200 spoil?

Answer: No, licences once activated on one ZD it cannot be transferred to another ZD, in case of redundancy you can activate trial licences on active ZD and replacement ZD which would be valid for 30 days within this period your replacement and licenses should arrive.

Hope it helps, Thank you.

Regards,

Abilash PR