cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZD1200

sebastiao_paulo
New Contributor III

Hi community>

we have 20 AP on network and 1 Zd1200 firmware 10.1.1.0 build 79. before accident everything was working fine.
so after Zd1200 give us are problem we had to send to warranty then we update 10 AP to unleashed firmware 200.8.10.3.243 and 1 as Master .
so now after receive my ZD1200 from warranty I need to add my AP unleashed on ZD1200. what I need to do?
and AP are not update firmware are still on ZD1200

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

david_black_594
Contributor III

PS - Anytime an end user is buying a ZD1200 and 10 or more APs, it is almost always better to buy 5 fewer licenses and add a second ZD1200.  Buying 5 fewer licenses offsets most of the cost of the second ZD, and adding the second ZD, gives the end user SmartRedundancy which will protect against an outage should there ever be a controller failure.   Depending on the end user's discount from the partner, the incremental cost of the second ZD will typically be only $200 to $300. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Sebastian,

Unleashed AP firmware is not compatible with ZD.

You have to manually upgrade each AP firmware to standalone image (104.x or find the AP model specific standalone image from support site) and then these will be onboarded to ZD.

You can use AP CLI to upgrade the AP image to stand alone over the FTP or TFTP (for the procedure, refer below article).

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/articles/000001551 

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

neeraj_awasthi
New Contributor

Please uninstall unleased firmware from AP and install new firmware. 

david_black_594
Contributor III

First, restore the config on the replacement ZD (restore everything).

Second, upgrade the APs with the base 104 (or 110 code) as suggested by Syamantak Omer.  You do not need to individually upgrade each AP.  Simply upgrade the Unleashed Master and it will upgrade the other 19 APs with the base code.  

At the end of the upgrade after the APs reboot, they will join the ZD and pick up their original names etc (assuming you did step 1). 

@david_black are you sure about "You do not need to individually upgrade each AP.  Simply upgrade the Unleashed Master and it will upgrade the other 19 APs with the base code.", because I have never tested it so just want to know if you did it in past and was successful.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn