cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZD1200 Solid Green lights but dead - 3 different instances this week

tommy_galuszka
New Contributor II
So I am a tech for a system integration company that primarily uses Ruckus in all of our installs.  I have had 3 calls this week about wifi down and each of them was the same result.  ZD1200 appears to have completely died.  All lights are solid green, even on a fresh reboot (never see the red status light at all even while booting).  None of the units respond to ping, ssh, console...nothing.  I found it very odd the first time I saw it since I have never seen this issue in 15 years of servicing, but to see it 3 times now this week has me very concerned.  Not sure what to do next or even what to tell the clients?  Do I have 3 randomly bricked ZD1200s in a week?
45 REPLIES 45

Hi Maxim,

I can understand your points here but that's the defined procedure.

Could you please contact your regional Ruckus System engineer and share the issue with them.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

itdept_head_me
Contributor

I have yet to see a failure analysis for my units that failed for the same reason.....

Hi,

Could you share the case number.

Syamantak Omer
Follow me on LinkedIn

They did not give me a case number.......

but I can give you a serial number for the most recent....

within the last 5 months

Hi,

This was just an RMA case. I don't see any request for FA when this case was raised.

Please note that FA is only done when support/engineering or customer suspects hardware issue with specific set of hardware batch.

If FA was not requested, only replacement will be provided. This is a standard process followed by most of the vendors.

Syamantak Omer
Follow me on LinkedIn