cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZD 1100 random crash

bore_clement
New Contributor II
Hi there,

since some time (and i think it has been quite a long time) i have a ZD1100 randomly crashing.

To be honest, 2 ZD died in a row on this site, gone to RMA. So i'm running on a spare one, kept the old config, and i observe the same crashes, so its doesn't look hardware related. 

The ZD1100 is running the latest available firwmare, and controls 16 R500. 

The configuration is really quite simple, no Vlans, not even client isolation, this is basic non authentifcated wifi access (i have a separate captive portal applicance that manages user access).

So randomly (twice a day sometimes, then nothing during 1 month) it crashes : at first customers can't connect to the network, then the SSID disaprears. And lastly the ZD isn't even reachable. 

A simple reboot solves the issue, but i can't figure why. Simple logs does not show anything. 

At first i thought it could be my captive portal, maybe running out of available ips of whatever, but rebooting the captive portal appliance doesn't solve anything, while rebooting the ZD makes the issue disapear...

I have dozens of other installations, not a single issue like that!

Logs don't show any warning at first sight... 

Any idea where i could dig to find a solution?

ps : sorry for my probably bad english!

Regards,
8 REPLIES 8

bore_clement
New Contributor II
I know, incredible, but 2 in a row, dead, same week. Were pluged on a UPS too.

Thanks for answers. Thing is it doesn't restart, it just crashes, slowly it seems.

Don't see anything in the logs, so i will probably send it to support.

unfortunatly, i think latest firmware for ZD1100 is 9.10.

I was thinking maybe too much broadcasting from a switch... but it looks like except from the SSID not visible and, after a time, controller not accessible, everything continues to work fine. Clients that were connected prior to the crash are still able to use the network, download etc... 

Open to any other leads on what may cause my issue... 

max_o_driscoll
Valued Contributor
I'm with Michael. Get tech support involved and find your memory leak (possibly) because your config is not an obvious stressor.

bore_clement
New Contributor II
ok, done. 
Today, it didn't crashed yet, hold up all night, no issues at all. 

Thanks guys

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
i would suggest that you set up syslog server also to capture crucial syslog which will help in debugging