cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users can't find characters in DPSK password on their keyboard. Can we limit the characters when DPSK are generated?

geoffrey_ma
New Contributor
My users are given a Batch DPSK when they enrol at the school. Unfortunately, some of them can't find some of the characters on their device's keyboard. For example, ` (Grave Accent) is not available on some devices. They also get confused between I, i, L, l, O, o, 0 (Zero).

Is there a way to limit the characters that the ZoneDirector will use when generating the keys? I'd like to remove the hard-to-find ones, as well as those which are ambiguous!
8 REPLIES 8

jelle_alten_606
Contributor
Quite often, you can copy the key from the interface on the device, and paste it when entering the key in the wifi settings. Is that not the case? Some devices might not support that though...

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
FR-1088:
Change DPSK so that certain characters are not used, e.g. apostrophes vs accented (' or ') `( or `)

Tell your VAR or Ruckus SE to VOTE in order to add visibility to this Field Request.

stephen_hall_60
Contributor
any update on this?  it would be a really nice and helpful feature if we could specify / limit the character set,  ie only generate with letters and numbers.  this would really make dpsk much more useful/powerful

I'm using SmartZone 3.6.2 and the ability to restrict DPSK passwords to simple characters or just numbers is available.